Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blahgue

I suppose since this is my first blog i should explain why exactly i have created my very own blog space. see, i recently obtained a new laptop computer. why, exactly, i am still contemplating.... I have been out of school for a year now, don't see myself going to grad school for at least another year, and my job (hauling wine around in five gallon buckets) doesn't exactly call for the use of microsoft word or excell. so after downloading all my music, photos and sufficiently surfing the web i decided i need to come up with some use for my new favorite toy. (lately it has been listening to previously aired NPR shows). Another reason for this blog is because i need to write. i recently went to new zealand for eight months; where i journaled daily. this process helped me learn so much about myself, what i was actually feeling and thinking. it gave me a moment to completely concentrate on what was inside. unfortunately i always got a massive hand cramp when writing in my moleskin notebook, so i reckon typing will allow me to get a lot more mileage out of my elementary writing ability.

i suppose another reason for blogging is my loneliness. i'm a recent college grad with a biology degree, living back at home after spending eight life-changing months in new zealand, working as a cellar rat in a local winery. my high school friends are long gone and most are married. this is NOT where i ever saw myself at the age of 22. never. i have no one to gossip to or about (besides my mom, step-dad and sister). i have no one to tell when i see funny things on my drive home or to rant to when my mom is driving me up the wall.

so here it is, in all its glory....

No comments: