Thursday, June 16, 2005

i am an NPR nerd!
but i love it. I love that right now i'm listening to archived recordings of "this american life." I love that today i listened to NPR while labeling bottles of super-tuscan style red wine. Lately, i'd rather listen to people talk at me than people sing or play an instrument at me. i don't know why, but music has recently sounded more like noise than anything else. i'm not really sure why and i feel very saddened by this current trend. maybe its because i'm sick of all my music and most music today i find pretty mediocre. i wish i could find something that shakes me to the core. its funny, lately i have been comforted by the voices on the radio. i think its a way for me to space out, let the voices overtake any thoughts that could form in my brain. stressful things about life, like what the heck am i going to next year... grad school? where will i live? what will i do? how do i make my life worthwhile?
i guess at this point i just need to take things a day at a time.

No comments: